Sunday 9 December 2012

Dikhololo Holiday

My friend Justin and I were privileged to go on a holiday together to Dikhololo Game Reserve in the Northwest. We had a great week of swimming, playing tennis and squash and golf among other things. The highlight of the week was probably Thursday when we had a surprise visit by a large number of Mongoose (Plural Mongeese? Hehehe!) at our door step. They happily fed out of our hands while I happily clicked away at them as it is not every day that you get so close to wildlife! To top off the day, that afternoon we were greeted at our door by a lone female Kudu. As we came around the corner out of the doorway, we were greeted by a further seven Kudu, including three large males. Justin fed them while I shot them... with my camera of course! Here are my favorites including a few other animals at other times.




 Even a braai can be a cool photo opportunity
 This shy guy was just finishing crossing the road... and taking forever


 The first Mongoose arrive

 Then a few more
 They know how to chill


 S M I L E
 A few more join the party

 The babies are really cute and playful
 Begging for food

 This dassie came and spoiled the party
 But then the Kudu joined us


Yes, the closest one is inside our room!

No comments:

Post a Comment