Thursday 18 April 2013

Trying not to get lost...

Very exciting news, for me at least! 

In the last 2 weeks I have completed 2 more exams, finished my solo GF hours, and also finished my 5 hours of simulated basic instrument time! That means all I have left is my ATG exam and to get my restricted radio license which can be done by next week! Apart from that the only flying I have left besides my final check ride is to fly my navs (navigation's)... without getting lost! 

Ok no biggy right? Well up till now, I have only learnt how to fly an aircraft proficiently in localized areas whereas now I have to navigate cross country, while flying the plane, in preparation for doing it solo! Now that I have dramatized the story let me just add that I am super excited for this challenge, and have also been properly briefed on what to do and how to do it. Also the first 2 or 3 navs will be with my instructor. 
My first nav will be Wednesday 24 April, and we will be routing Lanseria- Thabazimbi- Nylstroom- Wonderboom- Lanseria.... pull out your map ;)! 

I am really excited for this stage of 'real' flying and also finishing up the PPL, as it looks like I can be ready to test by the end of April! Hopefully that will be the next you hear from me! But if you don't hear from me in the next month, send search and rescue, I may be lost still trying to find Thabazimbi ....

K.K.

1 comment:

  1. All the best Mr Kyle!! I hope it goes well!! Take lots of geotagged photos along the way... it will help with the search and rescue ;) And don't forget to reset your gyro compass! Tim

    ReplyDelete